Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP dried basil
- 1/2 TSP dried oregano
- 1/2 TSP garlic powder
- 1/4 TSP chili flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
1. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet into the oven at 450 degrees to pre-heat it.
2. Wash and dry a head of cauliflower. Using mostly florets (you don't need much stem), pulse in blender or food processor until you have what looks like cauliflower snow. You will need between 2 and 3 cups, and the closer to three cups the better.
3. Place the cauliflower snow in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for 4 minutes. Dump cooked cauliflower out onto a clean tea towel and allow to cool for a bit. Once cooled, wring out as much water as possible from the cauliflower. This takes some time and effort, so keep wringing! Getting as much water out as possible will help prevent your crust from crumbling apart on you when you go to eat it.
4. Once wrung out, add cauliflower snow, both cheeses, herbs, salt, chili flakes and egg into a large bowl and mix well. Using your hands works best at this step. Mix "dough" well and form into a loose ball with your hands.
5. Place dough onto greased parchment paper and press down and out into a thin circular shape that will form your crust.
6. Now you're going to bake your crust! Remove your pre-heated pan from the oven and place your greased parchment paper on top. Put crust into the oven and bake at 450 for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Once your crust is done, you can top as you would a regular pizza! We added some sauce, pepperoni, bacon bits, onion, green pepper, and of course more cheese! Return pizza to the oven and bake till cheese is melted and bubbling.
8. Allow your pizza to cool for a few minutes, cut into slices and serve!