This is the recipe that we used this week:
Beef and Sausage Slow-Cooker Stew:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP black pepper
- 3 lbs beef for stew
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped leak
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TSP dried thyme
1. Combine 1/2 cup flour, salt, pepper, and beef into sealed bag and shake to coat.
2. Place beef in slow cooker, and add remaining ingredients. Sir well and cover. Cook on low 8 to 12 hours, or on high 4 to 6 hours.
3. If stew is too liquidy before serving, add a TBSP of flour to stew and stir well. Simmer until stew thickens and serve!
This delicious stew will go perfectly with a nice big hunk of zucchini and cheese damper too! The meat was so tender it essentially fell apart in the stew making it almost more of a ragu than a stew and it was delicious.