- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or 1 mashed banana)
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach, drained
Preparation:1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil.
4. Pour about 2 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, cook 2 minutes or until bubbles start forming on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
5. Flip the pancakes and cook for 2 minutes longer.
To Freeze: Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze for up to 4 months. When ready, place in toaster or oven to reheat.
Not only are these pancakes super healthy, they freeze well, and they're delicious! The boy-o is more than happy to fill his tummy with them, and they make a great option for mom too.