Cheesy Quinoa Cakes
- 2/3 cup grated fontina cheese (or any cheese you happen to have on hand!)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
2. Pour oil into a large sauté pan and place over medium heat.
3. Form ¼ cup patties with the quinoa mixture and place in the heated sauté pan. (this will have to be done in batches)
4. Cook quinoa cakes for about 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties until all of the cakes have been cooked.
The best part about these quinoa cakes is you can top them with WHATEVER you want!! Seriously. I've tried them with zucchini relish, left over curry, tamarind sauce, a little greek salad dressing and plain! They've been delicious every time. You can also make them into mini cakes for a super kid friendly side dish. I've tested these out on a room full of 3 year olds, and they were a big hit!