Friday, November 8, 2013

MOVE-ember Update: Week One

Well, week one of MOVE-ember is over and it's time to report on how I've made out so far.

It wasn't a very successful start because this week has been rather stressful. My mom was here to visit the first few days which was great fun, but we were crazy busy running all over the city, and then the boy-o got an ear ache and is now back on antibiotics (after having just come OFF antibiotics last week from Strep Throat!). So he's been a seriously grumpy fussy-butt and has spent a lot of the last three days screaming at me if I even *think* of setting him down.

Ok, so enough of the excuses and back to the report:

Veggies/Fruit: I did much better at eating more veggies and more fruit. I could certainly stand to eat even more though, so that's a work in progress. Even with the stress, I managed to keep the bad snacks to minimum. Small victories, right?


Exercise: Besides the real workout on Saturday (which I was seriously sore from for DAYS!) all we've managed is some long power-walks in the stroller, and even some of those have ended in the boy-o erupting at not being held.

Water: Fail. I need to get my water bottle back out and start using that rather than glasses. Must. Drink. More. Water!


 
Weight loss: Even with the shaky start to MOVE-ember I managed to lose 3 pounds this week! Hurray! Also, to go with my new pants I finally bought I'm wearing a belt again. I'm currently on the second hole from the end. This will help me keep track of inches in a very practical way.
 
So week one may have kicked my butt a little bit--but week two is all mine!
In fact, I think I'll go refill my water bottle right now!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the progress.
    Commiserations on the ear infection lol.
    Love the pics of your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You totally should Liz! Everyone needs a little bit of motivation.

      Delete
  3. We could be twinzies. I am such a failure in the water department and (at 40) I don't eat enough fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us don't eat enough fruits and veggies no matter how old we are! The important part is to keep trying to get better at it.

      Delete