I don't like very many seeds, and I really can't explain why I like pumpkin seeds so much... but I do! And the best part is, you can season them however you want. You can make them salty, spicy, or use any of the powdered popcorn shaker powders like Dill Pickle or Salt and Vinegar.
So when you're scooping out your pumpkin, try to separate the seeds into a different bowl than the rest of the pumpkin goop, and that way you don't need to go digging for them later!
Roasting Pumpkin Seeds:
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBSP of melted butter
- 1/4 TSP of salt
- Seasonings to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 300F.
- Wash pumpkin seeds by rinsing well to remove any fibers
- Drain water and lay seeds on paper towel to pat dry
- In large bowl, toss seeds with melted butter and salt until fully coated
- Add in any other seasonings as desired
- Spread seeds in single layer on lined baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, stirring seeds every 15 minutes
- Seeds are ready when golden brown. Cool and serve!