This delicious Mexican flavoured casserole is not only quick, it's pretty cost effective, makes 8 servings, is wonderfully spicy, and actually not too bad on the health meter either! The leftovers make a great next-day lunch, or they can be frozen for longer storage. Enjoy!
- 1 can kernel corn
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 4 oz can of chopped green chiles
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups cooked brown rice/or quinoa
- 3 or 4 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- Combine sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, green chiles, taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, cumin, black beans, salsa, rice/quinioa, and chicken.
- Place in a greased 9X13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
To up the veggie quotient of this meal, serve with a simple side salad and you have a delicious, QUICK meal that will set your tastebuds tingling!