According to the book this recipe was submitted by my Aunt JoAnn and is originally from Treasury of Desserts Cookbook. It's a great way to up that really ripe banana sitting on your counter--and they taste DELICIOUS!!
Banana Chocolate Chip SoftiesIngredients:
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I usually use part white, part whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Place flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; stir to combine.
3. Beat butter (margarine), granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed till light and fluffy.
4. Beat in mashed banana, egg and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed till blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips with mixing spoon. (dough will be soft)
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool on cookies sheet for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature or in fridge.
Note: These cookies are *supposed* to be soft on top once baked, and they freeze well.