Well, that plan fell through, because even my pumpkin-hating husband has declared that this muffins are delicious and that I have to share.
I decided to take these amazing muffins to the next level and added some cream cheese icing to the top to "cupcake" them, and the blending of the pumpkin spice, toffee, and cream cheese will make your taste buds dance for J-O-Y! (and my husband is living proof that these cupcakes will convert even the most adamant pumpkin hater!)
Pumpkin Toffee Muffins/CupcakesIngredients:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degree F.
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl.
- Combine dry mix into pumpkin mixture. Fold in SKOR bits.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Frost with cream cheese icing if desired.
I decided to make some regular sized muffins as well as some little minis. This recipe is basically *already* doubled, so you'll get A LOT of muffins. It made 24 regular sized muffins, as well as 12 mini bite sized muffins. So make sure you use a really large bowl to mix it all together or you'll be sloshing over the sides!
If you want to freeze them, hold off on icing them, and freeze them as "muffins." You can always add cream cheese icing to them later when you want to take them out. I like these both with and without the icing, so you won't be disappointed either way!