You can add whatever spices you like to it in order to change the taste of it. Some of our personal favourites include adding chili powder and sautéing the veggies in Catalina salad dressing, adding tex-mex seasoning and using spicy oil, or using flavoured canned tomatoes like Cracked Black Pepper.
The base recipe is provided here... you can experiment with your own flavourings, or just make it as is which pairs really well with chicken parmesan!
Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
Directions:1. Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan and sauté zucchini, onions and celery until tender.
2. Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Scoop out cooked spaghetti squash into large glass baking dish. Add it in sautéed veggies and canned tomatoes. Mix well to combine. Add 1 cup shredded cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and mix well again.
4. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cheese on top is browned and bubbly.